Each year, SEWSA is honored to work with one of the institutions in the Southeastern region of the United States to host an annual academic conference. The host institution selects the theme, location, and works alongside the SEWSA Board to ensure the conference is a success. Most importantly, the conferences allow SEWSA and its membership to further our cause of developing scholarship and encouraging activism to eliminate oppression and discrimination.
Would your institution like to host an upcoming SEWSA conference?
We would love to visit your institution! Hosts receive $4,000 in seed money from the organization to assist with the operational costs of conference planning and execution. There are numerous benefits to hosting including:
- Promoting your program/department and institution
- Bringing on-site faculty together
- Networking with Women and Gender Studies professionals from across the region
- Connecting Women and Gender Studies students within the institution and across the region
- Giving your students the opportunity to gather information about graduate programs and career opportunities
- Enhancing a collaborative environment between faculty and students
If you are interested in becoming a conference host or would simply like more information, please reach out to Dr. Phyllis Thompson, President, firstname.lastname@example.org.